Data Architect - Enterprise Data Analytics, Full-time
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
About Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is the global leader in physical medicine and rehabilitation for adults and children with the most severe, complex conditions. By joining our team, you will be part of our life-changing Mission and Vision. You’ll work in a truly inclusive environment where diversity and equity are championed through words and actions. You’ll contribute to an innovative culture that is second to none, one that embraces curiosity, discovery and compassion. You’ll play a role in something that’s never been done before as we integrate science and clinical care to help patients achieve better, faster outcomes — as we Advance Human Ability, together.
If you are seeking career advancement, continuing education and research opportunities coupled with a diverse and welcoming workplace, competitive compensation and generous employment benefits, please consider the following opportunity, or visit our careers page to explore additional openings.
The Data Architect is a member of the Data Solutions Team, working in a dynamic cross-functional environment to guide the strategic direction and the meaningful full use of data within the organization. They will adapt or develop and implement a data model to provide useful ontologies and semantics for protected health information (PHI) and non-PHI data in our enterprise data warehouse (EDW). Creates pipelines for data from various sources into the EDW consistent with that data model. Adapts database systems and architecture as necessary to meet the needs of the organization.
The Data Architect will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Data Architect will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
Collaborate within the Data Solutions Team, other Information Services (IS) teams, executive leadership, external consultants, and stakeholders from various departments within the hospital to:
- Develop a secure, stable, scalable long-term plan for the flow of the hospital’s data, primarily utilizing existing resources.
- Design and build scalable data infrastructure and platforms to collect and process large amounts of data, including structured and unstructured data for analysis by clinical, research, and business resources. Data sources can be both internally and externally sourced.
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, compliance and improvement.
- Create strategies and plans for data capacity planning, data security, life cycle data management, scalability, backup and archiving.
- Oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics, with the goal of ensuring data quality.
- Define standards for naming, describing, governing, managing, modeling, cleansing, enriching, transforming, moving, storing, searching and delivering data within the Data Solutions Team.
- Create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall data management roadmap.
- Participate in data and information model design across multiple stakeholders
- Develop or adapt a data model for representation of clinical data for our EDW
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for enhancement of current data architecture and data management technologies
- Create APIs and cloud-based (AWS) databases to work with existing and new in-house applications
- Monitor, update, and ensure consistent uptime and availability of data systems.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- Reports directly to the Manager – Data Solutions
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.