Manager, Purchasing & SIOP
Job ID: 20627
The Manager, Purchasing & SIOP will be responsible for planning, organizing and directing activities related to SIOP and procurement. Specifically, the Manager, Purchasing & SIOP will be responsible for purchasing systems work instructions, analyzing the supply market and delivery conditions, developing & evaluating vendor qualification systems including negotiations, quality, delivery and service and coordination of Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning (SIOP) function across all Atlas product lines.
The leader will direct all strategic sourcing activities related to the procurement of a commodity from intent through delivery. The team leader will also schedule, coordinate, and closely monitor all production activity for the manufacturing team and optimize the inventory control processes.
This role will be responsible for:
• Develop organizational strategy, practices, processes and metrics that will provide the company with a world class purchasing, production planning and SIOP organization.
• Effectively lead, hire, develop and enable the Procurement and SIOP Organization to achieve strategic objectives in a continuous improvement environment.
• Coordinate the Sales Forecasting effort for the demand side input of the Global Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning process by collecting and consolidating SalesForce.Com sales estimates by territory and representative.
• Facilitate the S&OP planning process through the gathering and presentation of appropriate demand/ supply data; maintain the database of S&OP planning information.
• Manage and facilitate all facets of SIOP activities
• Prepare any/all (sales/forecast/supply plan) reports as required by Management
• Analyze, develop and maintain a consolidated supplier base to meet current and future needs of all purchased materials and services.
• Manage and facilitate all facets of the procurement activities including vendor evaluations, site audits and continuous improvement process for all suppliers.
• Understand and monitor key spending trends, cost drivers, market factors, geographic considerations, and strategic importance of critical commodities in order to implement appropriate sourcing strategies.
• Develop metrics, including external benchmarks, to monitor performance and allow for data driven decision making. Ensure that metrics, including benchmark data, and performance measurements are directly tied in and support the corporate objectives and performance indicators.
• Partner and collaborate with other functions to support strategic goals for sourcing materials, equipment, and/or services.
• Develop, monitor, and control departmental operating and capital budgets.
• Ensure department and purchasing practices comply with all applicable safely, regulatory and quality system requirements.
• Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the procurement process by means of appropriate tools such as Lean Manufacturing, Class A.
• Creates business unit processes around supplier contracts, supplier qualification, and engineering change approval process.
• Stay abreast of Best Practice, current / future policies and procedures, regulatory / trade requirements, and market dynamics appropriate to function.
• Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline; advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum 7 years experience in SIOP (sales, inventory and operations planning), purchasing, materials management, production planning, or combination in equipment or heavy industry environment.
• Sourcing/purchasing/Quality certification such as CPM, CPIM, CIRM, CSCP, CQE preferred.
• Practical knowledge of leading edge purchasing strategies and of the business planning process; demonstrated ability to design the strategy, and successfully execute against the business plan.
• Strong analytical skills including benchmarking, data collection and trend analysis.
• Advanced MS Excel proficiency required.
• Drive for continuous process and productivity improvement with experience in six sigma and lean initiatives.
• Demonstrated negotiation skills with engineered materials and ability to develop successful relationships with internal and external customers.
• Prior experience being a champion of change management relative to the progression and advancement of purchasing programs and business process re-engineering.
• Excellent leadership and communications skills. Proven ability to lead, influence and motivate others.
• Strong commitment to collaboration and team work.
• Demonstrated history of driving teams, processes, and facilitating improved performance.
• Strong understanding of ERP systems and their operation.
• Strong business acumen and a bias for action.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.