Principal Front End Software Engineer (Navigation/Web Apps) - Telecommute
Careers at Rally Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Our mission at Rally® is to empower individuals to take control of their health through personalized, data-driven health care information and recommendations that lead to better outcomes. We leverage our digital platform and leading-edge technology to make health care data accessible wherever and whenever people need it, all while ensuring safety and reliability. Here, you’ll help people find the right doctors, give them a clear breakdown of costs, incentivize them to stay focused on their overall health with daily goals, and help them earn rewards such as discounts on a wide range of goods as well as bonuses for reaching fitness objectives. As part of our Rally® team, you’ll have the opportunity to drive change with an innovative healthcare technology company that is dedicated to creating a culture of healthy living. Help us bring real change to healthcare and you’ll experience what it’s like to do your life's best work.(sm)
Join the Navigation/Web Apps team as a Principal Front End Software Engineer where you will build a product that provides a cohesive experience for users to discover and manage their medical portfolio. You will be technically hands-on in your role and will report to the Senior Engineering Manager. You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
If you are located in the United States, you will have the flexibility to telecommute*.
- Write high-quality, fault tolerant code and employ defensive programming techniques to ensure distributed transactions
- Build extensible and reusable UI components and scalable features that are lightweight and fast for the user
- Breathe life into static mocks with CSS animations, transitions and visual effects
- Develop responsive web apps that look and work great across multiple devices
- Architect and build scalable systems
- Guide overall technical vision and architecture
- Be involved in the software lifecycle, from requirements gathering to development, testing and releasing code
- Partner with product management and engineering leadership to bring creative technology and solutions to solve healthcare problems
- Mentor junior engineers
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of industry experience
- 6+ years of experience with modern JS libraries and frameworks like Angular and React
- Experience with modern JS libraries and frameworks like Angular, React & React Native
- Experience using RESTful APIs and asynchronous JS
- Experience with CSS, web browsers, HTTP, cookies, caching, and HTML5 web storage
- Experience creating accessible web applications (WCAG 2.0 or 508)
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience migrating from Angular to React
- Experience in the Healthcare industry
- Comfortable with Git
- Familiar with authorization frameworks like oAuth 2.0, SAML or OpenID Connect
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $$94,000.00 - $171,000.00. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommute Policy
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Principal Front End Software Engineer, HTML, CSS, Javascrxipt, React, Angular, Architecture, design, mentor, remote, workk from home, WFH