Senior Project Manager (Business or Technical Projects)
Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Engage with senior business executives who are looking to undertake a major project initiative or change event, and work with them to help develop their Business Case. To manage all activities related to an assigned project or program, to ensure complete delivery of Scope, within budget and within the agreed timeline.Position Scope
- Deliver on all project management activities for an assigned project or program from Initiation through Closure.
- Demonstrate natural leadership and communication skills to instil confidence in business executive team of your expertise and capability.
- Manage projects in any functional area of a business, i.e. Manufacturing, Supply Chain, IT / Systems, HR, Finance, etc.
- Manage multiple projects or programs simultaneously. Potentially across multiple businesses, across time zones, internationally, etc. Includes travel nationally and internationally as required by the project.
- Adopt, utilize and enhance the standard company tools, processes and templates.
- Work with a continuous improvement mind-set so that all activities become inputs and improvements for future projects.
- Identify and manage project and program interdependencies.
- Manage external parties involved in an assigned project.
- Manage project completion, handover to steady-state, and post implementation reviews.
- Ensure compliance with company policies for health, safety and environment.
- Ensure compliance with company policies for governmental and local laws and regulations.
- Able to demonstrate 10+ years of formal, dedicated project management experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified.
- Able to demonstrate successful experience in managing projects across multiple business functions and disciplines.
- Able to demonstrate experience in leading discussions and extracting required information out of resources to define business requirements, project scope, solution design and options analysis, project planning, resource management, risk and issue management, communications plans, then be able to drive projects through to a successful completion.
- Able to demonstrate ability to confront situations that need resolution, no matter how uncomfortable the situation is.
- Able to demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate professional interpersonal & negotiation skills.
- Able to demonstrate a proactive style.
- Able to demonstrate being performance and outcome oriented.
- Able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail including the ability to capture and record decisions, discussions and events for referential purposes.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time domestically and internationally.
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in using common office technology and tools. Must be proficient in MS Project.
- Able to demonstrate experience managing projects and resources across multiple cultures, countries, languages and time zones.
- Able to demonstrate the application of Critical Thinking and root cause analysis and resolution.
- Able to work from own home office when not required to be onsite at a company or customer location.