Supervisor Construction-Bolingbrook, IL
DescriptionAt Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Plans, directs, coordinates and supervises craft personnel engaged in the construction, operation and maintenance of company overhead and/or underground electric facilities. Supervises resources in a manner that ensures the safe, efficient, economical, and expeditious completion of work with high regard for customer satisfaction to accomplish desired results. Promotes safety principles and assist in the training and development of the craft workforce. Ensure the focus and attainment of business goals and objectives. Maintains an environment that promotes safety, environmental compliance, diversity, innovation and high productivity. Ensure compliance with the application of the collective bargaining agreement.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Plan, coordinate, and direct craft employees engaged in the execution of scheduled and emergent work activities, to assure the highest levels of customer service and to achieve safety, reliability and productivity goals.
- Provide leadership to and development of the craft workforce. Coach and evaluate employee performance with timely recognition. Conduct performance reviews and identify opportunities for growth and learning for craft personnel. Executes labor strategies involving employees covered under the collective bargaining agreement.
- Coordinate emergency response to restore continuity of service to customers, requiring 24-hour oncall responsibilities and varied work schedules, as required by business needs.
- Work within departmental budgets. Plan resource coverage and execute work activities directed at achievement of business plans and business unit objectives. Develop alternative courses of action that are based on logical assumptions and factual information after considering resources, constraints, and organizational values. Ability to recognize unusual conditions and take corrective action.
- Promote and maintain an environment that fosters a high performance culture and a learning organization. Ensure an environment that respects and promotes diversity. Serves as a change agent for business initiatives and assures the human element is understood and considered.
Directs the craft employees engaged in the execution of the construction, operation and maintenance of company overhead and/or underground electric facilities. These responsibilities include preventative/corrective maintenance, new business, system reinforcement and facility relocation activities within the assigned regional operating area. Provides input into the planning, implementation and execution of the operations, maintenance and reliability programs. Responsible for implementing labor strategies involving employees covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Determines manpower and equipment requirements necessary for scheduled and emergent work to ensure maximum utilization of construction crews.
Must be able to maintain effective internal business controls. Conduct safety audits, meetings, investigations, and employee performance reviews.
Regular contact with leadership of Distribution System Operations, Construction & Maintenance, Transmission and Substation, Work Management, Engineering, Asset Management, New Business and local union stewards. Other contacts include building contractors, municipal leaders, major industrial customers, and various municipal organizations (fire, police etc).
- 5 - 8 years internal utility company experience (e.g., ComEd, PECO), or equivalent external experience.
- 4 or more years internal supervisory experience (e.g., ComEd, PECO, BSC, ExGen), or receive acceptable rating on Supervisory Assessment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid drivers license.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operating and construction work practices.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to support and enforce safe work behavior; requires working knowledge of safety rules and work practices.
- Bachelor's degree
- Extensive knowledge of the collective bargaining agreement and related procedures, policies and processes.
- Ability to train personnel in work practices and use of line construction tools and equipment.
- Ability to recognize unusual conditions and take corrective actions.
- Extensive experience in the construction, maintenance and operation of overhead and/or underground electric distribution facilities.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster