Sr. Accounts Payable Coordinator
True Value Company, a global wholesaler serving retail locations in 60 countries, has an immediate need for an Sr. Accounts Payable Coordinator.
You will provide high touch customer service support to True Value retailers/customers with all Direct Ship (DS) related matters. The incumbent will also process and resolve customer claims to ensure satisfaction. You will be able to consult with & educate vendors on Direct Ship credit processing. Your efforts will directly impact our financial strength.
Joining True Value offers a culture that:
- Embraces personal and professional growth
- Recognizes diverse perspectives
- Provides competitive compensation
- Committed to volunteerism and community outreach
Your Value = Our Value. True Value.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance):
- Establish working relationships with retailers in order to help resolve store-vendor issues. Common examples include: price discrepancies, incorrect billings, incorrect terms-both regular and reunion, and pending credits
- Respond as appropriate to Members Online postings related to True Value AP/store concerns
- Establish working relationships with different areas within the organization: take a proactive approach in coordinating store Direct Ship and claim concerns processed through AP with other True Value departments (Accounting, International, Merchandising, etc.)
- Processing & Research: regular customer needs assistance, credit services, and Direct Ship billings for International retailers. Identify recurring Direct Ship issues that impact retailers' account and communicate with the corresponding areas for final resolutions: EDI, Correspondence, AR, Credit Services, Merchandising, Accounting, International Dept., Transportation, TV Mfg, and vendors
- Cross train with the Vendor Correspondent team and provide back-up for team members during high volume work periods, out of office requirements and month end.
- Three to five years of related experience required
- Strong customer service skills required
- Experience using Lawson is desired
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.