Sensory Technician-1st Shift-Major Location
Sensory Technician- Pay Rate of $22 per hour or more!
Hours: 1st Shift (3:30am to 1pm) Monday through Saturday
*Double Time on Sundays* OT after 40 hours worked!
The Product Development Sensory Technician is responsible for preparing sample for processing and maintains documentation of process to facilitate analysis procedures.
Job Duties Include:
- Prepare samples using lab practices and document each step and ensure testing area sanitized after each set of samples.
- Set up evaluation room for testing; which includes delivery and pickup of individual samples, basic daily cleanup, overall general knowledge and expected behavior when exposed to external customers.
- Track samples as they are moved through testing. Ensure communication with other groups regarding sample arrivals as well as sensory test schedules and samples still needed to complete sensory sessions.
- Evaluate samples for expiration dates and proper and safe handling practices.
- Follow master preparation documentation, methods and standard operating procedures and ensure documentation as required.
- Document training to meet quality systems and ask questions of supervisor to gain additional knowledge as it pertains to methods and processes within Sensory.
- Report all errors to Supervisor/Manager; assist in investigation for sensory non-conformances.
- Enter and review information as needed into Sensory Information Management System (SIMS) Stop test, look up samples, etc.
- Share information with clients, coworkers, supervisor and managers in a professional and courteous manner and ensure appropriate interaction with external customers and potential participants.
- Share any supply needs as needed to ensure stock is available and testing proceeds without interruption.
- Perform housekeeping tasks and update document, sign off and place in binder for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly records. Ensure work is completed, documented, signed and given to appropriate personnel.
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- Standing, walking, and climbing for 8+ hours a day.
- Must be able to handle varying temperatures per department, between 45 - 80+ degrees.
- Work is generally performed within a manufacturing environment subjected to temperatures of cold and warm along with wearing the proper PPE, with standard office equipment available along with plant manufacturing environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands or finger, talk, hear, feel objects, tools, or controls; may be required to lift up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision to a computer screen.
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.