Material Control Analyst
Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Logistics is looking for Material Control Analysts to become part of an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are self-motivated, with strong analytical and computer skills, customer-centric, and safety conscious. This position coordinates all processes and functions of a department and provides visibility to management by tracking, process over-sight, auditing, researching and troubleshooting operational issues or functions.
Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, and weekends to meet customer demand.
• Use computer to enter records and generate reports
• Weigh or count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards (as applicable)
• Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments
• Complete daily logs
• Proactively seeks opportunities to improve customer’s inventory and material flow processes
• Work with customer to resolve stock shortages
• Identify cost savings opportunities for the customer
• Track shipments to ensure shipment deadlines are met.
• Work with suppliers to correct part/shipment issues
• Follow daily parts control function, including track and trace, production schedule analysis, and exception management
• Follow processes that are set by engineering and assist with the implementation of any process and transportation design changes
• Provide parts follow up ensuring optimal material flow
• Handle reoccurring analysis and tasks driving continuous cost savings initiatives
• Examine current processes and implement or recommend improvements to drive out waste
• Meet customer deadlines and develop metrics dashboards that highlight customer specific analytics
• Use discretion and independent judgment to answer customer requests and propose solutions
• Develop and assist with presenting customer analytics, key trends and solution proposals during customer QBR’s
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• 1-3 years inventory/auditing/transportation experience preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Some college, preferred
• Fundamental understanding of transportation, supply chain and logistics concepts
• Strong problem solving and time management skills required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and multi task
• Ability to follows process and standard procedures
• Experience analyzing large sets of data
• Advanced computer skills including Excel and Outlook required
• Must also be able to learn and regularly operate multiple company and customer owned Warehouse Management System (WMS) platforms
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.