Occupational Therapist -Outpatient Pediatric Center, Full-time
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
The Occupational Therapist will select appropriate evaluation procedures and directs patient's participation in selected tasks to restore or maximize independence in daily living skills. Facilitates learning of skills and functions essential for adaptation and productivity. Participates in department's clinical education program.
The Occupational Therapist will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Occupational Therapist will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
- Evaluates, assesses, and plans treatment including orienting patient and significant others to the purposes and processes of OT evaluation and treatment.
- Evaluates patient impairments, disability and handicap appropriate to patient diagnosis, life roles, age development, functional status, and medical condition.
- Facilitates patient participation in the therapy process and collaborates with others advocating for patients and family to achieve desirable outcomes.
- Identifies areas in which abilities and impairments affect function in order to establish goals in conjunction with the patient, family, and other team members.
- Implements patient treatment plans utilizing occupational therapy treatment approaches, which includes selecting activities to achieve desired outcomes, transferring and positioning patients, and modifying treatment when necessary.
- Participates in patient care conferences to coordinate treatment, educating patient and family.
- Documents patient care activities following department protocols utilizing RICIS and appropriate manual report forms.
- May supervise affiliated OT students.
- May teach in Department and Education and Training courses.
- Performs all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- Reports directly to the Therapy Manager, Ability Lab, Therapy Manager, Innovation Center, or Clinical Manager
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
- Some exposure to infectious diseases when working with patients.
- May include exposure to community, home, work, school and off-site clinic settings.
- Includes Saturday and Sunday rotation work.
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.