Advance Auto Parts
Performs delivery and pick up service to customer base on an established delivery route. Receives and checks incoming product. Performs inventory control functions as directed by manager. Assists in maintaining clean and orderly working environment both in the branch and in delivery vehicles.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Uses company vehicle to deliver parts and equipment to customers in a safe and courteous manner.
• Keeps vehicle fueled in accordance to management instructions and business needs and notifies management of needed repairs
• Follows all safety rules and applicable laws
• Cleans and maintains warehouse and parts area in a safe and orderly condition.
• Responsible for maintaining and storing equipment (i.e. pagers, keys, fuel card) in accordance to warehouse guidelines.
• Accurately interprets various warehouse documents to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed
• Opens bales, crates and other containers. Marks materials with identifying information
• Sorts, organizes and prepares merchandise from receiving or the production areas to storage or to other designated areas, by part and quantity.
• Uses computer to dispatch, confirm customer or stock orders and to generate delivery manifests and receiving documents.
• Participates in available training opportunities as discussed with manager.
• Answer phone calls and handles customers at will call thru use of electronic system to identify, source and invoice needed parts
• Picks up or delivers merchandise or paper work and collects funds from customers between Advance Auto parts locations and/or feeder points. At feeder points, may be responsible for distribution of merchandise
• Logistics & Supply Chain