Project Manager/Site Supervisor I
Ada S. McKinley Community Services, Inc.
Basic Function: Supervises and directs the daily operation of the janitorial project; coordinates custodial personnel in the daily maintenance and cleaning of all contractual buildings. Under supervision of VP of Environmental Services.
Reports To: VP of Environmental Services
Supervises: Janitors (contract service workers), Supervisor of Janitorial Services
- Trains, develops, and supervises all supervisors, crew leaders, and employees at the contract site to ensure efficient and timely work completion.
- Prepares daily work schedules and assigns relief personnel to fill in for absent/vacating staff.
- Develops periodic cleaning schedules and notifies contracting officer and other appropriate parties of the schedules' implementation.
- Assists in developing quality control standards and procedures; implements quality control procedures at the project site.
- Makes regular quality control inspections in accordance with established standards and ensures quality parameters are being met.
- Maintains day-to-day relationship/rapport with contracting officer, inspectors, and other customers.
- Serves as the initial point of contact with the contract officer representative and contracting officer regarding contract specifications and requirements.
- Receives and responds to notices of deduction, commendations, and inspection reports.
- Maintains appropriate inventories of housekeeping supplies; develops systems for distributing and monitoring supply usage.
- Maintains appropriate records to assure financial accountability and operates the contract within the assigned budget.
- Prepares payroll time sheets, personnel records, and employee benefit reports.
- Develops and implements a regular equipment maintenance, repair, and inspection program with proper documentation.
- Implements staff orientation and training programs.
- Maintains timely management reports.
- Ensures the safety and well-being of workers at the contract site; implement safety standards and programs.
- Attends supervisory conferences.
- * Requests purchases of supplies and equipment within budgetary limits; monitors program expenditures.
- * Assists in developing contracts, budgets, marketing custodial services, and identifying competitive placement slots for clients.
- * Performs other duties as assigned.
* Non-essential duties
Mental/Physical Demands: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to travel to various contract locations and perform functions as the Project Manager. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Work requires prolonged concentration using a computer in analyzing and manipulating data. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Environmental Conditions: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Duties are performed in a typical office environment. No unusual or adverse working conditions exist.
- Position requires completion of College Degree, and National Executive Housekeeping Certification or equivalent. Five years of experience in field of custodial services, at least five years in supervision.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods materials, equipment and practices.
- Ability to instruct housekeeping employees in the performance of manual tasks requiring moderate strength.
- A thorough knowledge of the operation of all mechanical cleaning equipment.
- Ability to prepare written reports and other correspondence relating to the job.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time efficiently and to organize tasks effectively.
- Ability to partner with clients individually in family, to help them mobilize resources and their inner capacity to address problems they face.
- Ability to coordinate effectively with team members, other agency resources and outside services in addressing client needs.
Ada S. McKinley provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.