Sales Research Intern
Daniels Health has the perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic, energetic, and highly motivated individual looking for hands-on sales experience in the healthcare industry. This position is a great fit for those needing to complete a fall internship requirement or for recent college graduates looking to bring their education to life through real world experience. Sales Research Interns will conduct research to help provide strategic insight across Acute and Non-Acute groups. The role will help support the entire sales organization while learning a broad spectrum of market research-related skills along the way.
This is a full-time paid position that will give candidates first-hand insight into our business and the industry. The internship will commence this fall and will last 3 months and is based out of our National Support Office in Downtown Chicago, with flexibility to work remotely for the right candidate. This opportunity is open to anyone who is looking to kick start their career in Sales (no experience necessary). Upon successful completion of the program, high performing candidates will be able to leverage their experience, success, and networking opportunities to explore additional career advancement within our growing organization.
- Research the marketplace and identify key targets.
- Collect data on acute / non- acute markets, and other indicators of demand.
- Utilize appropriate research and statistical techniques to identify key data (phone, email, web).
- Conduct telephone interviews for research purposes.
- Synthesize key data points and record findings.
- 1 - 2 years’ experience (Entry level position)
- High school diploma or GED required
- Pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Management, Marketing, or other related Business field is a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail; excellent organization and project management skills
- Strong professional writing and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent phone etiquette, comfortable being on the phone for prolonged periods of time
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Search engines and business research tools acumen
- Ability to perform tasks autonomously and complete work in a timely manner
- Previous high call volume experience an asset
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
Daniels Health & Sharpsmart is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.