Inventory and Purchasing Specialist
Purchasing and Inventory Specialist needed in the Wood Dale / Bensenville area
Interested? Send an updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] – you can also schedule a time to speak with me through my calendar : https://calendly.com/angp465/phone-interview-with-angela-painter-sr-recruiter
Position: Purchasing and Inventory Specialist
Location: Wood Dale/ Bensenville area
Pay: up to $80K
Responsible for maintaining, forecasting and planning the purchase of materials.
- Maintain and update inventory file. Process all product review forms.
- Obtain stock approval from senior management for new items to be inventoried.
- Update inventory cost file when suppliers increase cost.
- Process all purchase orders and send to suppliers for warehouse materials
- Review all Certificate of Analysis for inbound goods are within specification.
- Send all inventory item information to warehouses for goods that are stored.
- Maintain and distribute all SOS' received from suppliers for goods that are sold.
- Communicate with warehouse on all inbound goods to their facility.
- Process and distribute import documents.
- Process the receipts for all purchase orders
- Process all return to suppliers.
- Process and general ledger code all vouchers received for material purchases.
- Review materials in inventory for expiration.
- Obtain re-certification of material to extend shelf life.
- Aged inventory reporting and resolution
- Review and coordinate the sale/return or disposal of any slow/dead inventory.
- Review and process monthly stock status/stock valuation, internal and warehouse.
- Verify and resolve inventory cost /quantity variances. Process reconciling entries.
- Review and monitor the accuracy of lot numbers at warehouse and our inventory system.
- Allocate inventory by lot to warehouse sales orders. Perform lot tracing as needed.
- Work with sales organization to obtain forecasts for materials in inventory.
- Monitor forecasts and obtain needed updates for variances actual versus budget.
- Utilize forecasted information to maintain material requirements in inventory.
- Process and Return Supplier forecast as required
- Obtain all needed documents for warehouse selection. Maintain all warehouse records and contact information.
- Coordinate and process all physical inventory counts.
- Perform a warehouse inspection at minimum every two years.
- Obtain all needed information for new suppliers.
- Provide all suppliers with tax exemption information
- 5 + years similar experience
- Proficient in forecasting inventory
- Experience in reducing Stock Levels and avoiding Stock Outs
- Proficient in demand forecasting
- Purchasing experience
Purchasing ; procurement ; inventory control ; materials manager ; demand plannerApply