maintenance and janitorial positions
33 West Ontario Condominium Association
Are you interested in working with a great team? Would you like to work were you are appreciated? Are you someone who cares?
33 West Ontario Condominium Association, a 60-story high rise, is looking for experienced Janitors (Class C) and Maintenance (Class A) staff members to join our team. For those with the appropriate experience and references, we will pay above union scale wages. You are not required to be a current member of Local 1, but will be expected to join the union within 30 days of employment.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed below, you will also be required to use Association software, email, and Microsoft Suite to document and track work; therefore, we are looking for someone who has these computer skills.
You will be required to provide contact information for references from previous supervisors.
Depending on the position, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Monitor the physical condition of the complex and correct unsafe conditions.
• Perform day-to-day maintenance of building operations including heating, lighting, other utilities, grounds, doors and signage.
• Help maintain accurate records for work orders, preventative maintenance, safety, repair and replacement of equipment, and inventory of parts and supplies.
• Diagnose and perform maintenance/repairs on boilers, chillers, electrical and plumbing systems, air handlers, pumps, ballasts, water and sewer lines, stairs, gates, fences, railings, doors, windows, walls and ceilings, tile, and other equipment as required.
• Assists the chief and assistant chief engineer with responding to tenant emergencies.
• Coordinates with property management staff in performing tenant work order and general maintenance work.
• Provides property manager and chief engineer with technical expertise in evaluating building maintenance issues and tenant requests and in determining whether the work requires outside contractor.
Perform general building janitorial duties:
• Uses cleaning chemicals safely and properly.
• Cleans and removes garbage from common areas.
• Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
• Operates cleaning equipment including vacuums, rug cleaners, lift, power washers, snow blower and leaf blower.
• Informs supervisors and Management of any issues concerning residents.
• Attends all required training and staff meetings.
• Sets up meeting rooms for special events.
• Adheres to all Association and management company policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.Apply