Sales Development Specialist
Rated as one of the Salt Lake Tribune’s Top Workplaces in 2019 and 2020, MarketStar is one of Northern Utah’s largest private employers and has offices in Ogden, Salt Lake City, and Dublin, Ireland. Our employees have helped launch, sell, and support thousands of products and services on behalf of the biggest and brightest companies in the world!
We are excited to have you apply to work with us! “You Belong” is one of the MarketStar values and we look forward to you finding belonging and purpose here with us. Another MarketStar value is “We Care” which means that we care about you, your career and your family. We look forward to the possibility of having you on our team!
MarketStar Benefits and Perks:
• Childcare Reimbursement – 50% up to $5000 annually
• Healthcare Coverage: Medical, dental, vision (First day of following month)
• 401k Match: 100% pre-tax match up to 2%, 50% pre-tax match on the following 4%
• Paid Time Off: 4.5 weeks total PTO + 7 Paid Holidays
• Paid Family Maternity/Paternity Leave: Up to 6 weeks (eligible after 1 year of employment)
• Tuition Reimbursement: $2,000 semi-annually ($4,000 aggregated over a full calendar year)
• 0% interest Hardship Loan Program
About the Sales Development Specialist
MarketStar has an opening for a Sales Development Specialist to join it's Intel team. The Sales Development Specialist will be responsible for reaching out to, and engaging with qualified leads and introducing them to Intel products and services. They will create a strategy for engagement with the customer, problem solve, and assist with call out campaigns.
What will you do?
• Responsible for contacting, qualifying and engaging with potential customers using partner data as a guide for strategy and talking points .
• Provide customer support through phone and email , and follow-up on inbound requests for support
• Establish and execute successful Team meetings with internal Intel sales team to discuss active sales opportunities
• Maintain accurate records
• Engage with and support channel partners in finding and closing opportunities
• Provide analysis and feedback on effectiveness of engagement strategy
Desired attribute for success:
• Knowledge of the sales channel, sales techniques and processes, understand customer needs, overcome objections and close the sale
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including professional telephone presence
• Ability to work as a team member and partner effectively with others to prioritize and perform work with limited supervision
• Strong attention to detail while maintaining a high level of accuracy
• Territory sales or marketing experience interfacing with partners, in a high tech environment
• Proven track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Salesforce
MarketStar does not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where MarketStar does business.
- Track sales targets for inside sales team
- Train other inside sales representatives
- Establish new business through inside sales calls
- Generate sales lead for outside sales representatives
- Involve the inside sales dept
- Lead high growth inside sales team
- Answer inbound sales calls and make outbound sales calls
- Manage a territory of small inside sales customers
- Motivate the inside sales team to achieve set sales targets
- Prepare monthly sales report showing sales volume and potential sales
- Select and hire inside sales representatives
- Perform traditional inside sales calls as dictated by the sales process
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume and potential sales
- Observe calls with inside sales representatives to identify sales opportunities and provide sales representative coaching and mentoring
- Prepare sales orders for customers
- Ensuring all customer sales orders
- Make inside sales calls daily to current and prospective customers to procure sales appointments
- Lead and sales potential to outside sales force
- Communicate account and sales information to both sales management and sales team
- Receive feedback on inside sales team performance