Litigation Legal Secretary
Chicago law firm has an immediate opening for a legal secretary. We are looking for tech savvy individuals with a strong knowledge of litigation. You will provide secretarial and general administrative assistance to a 3-4 litigation attorneys. Requires seasoned litigation assistant with comprehensive experience in all aspects of a fast-paced litigation department. Ideal candidates will have 3-5 years of current experience and be able to work in a fast paced, document intensive environment.
Send your resume today for immediate interviews.
- 3 -4 Attorney Assignment
- Equipment use: computer; digital transcriber; ScanSnap Scanner
- Type and/or draft correspondence, including: motions orders, dismissal's, discovery responses, etc.
- Assist in collection, assembly and organization of documents in preparation of discovery
- Create and maintain (organize) client files
- Assist in preparing for court, arbitration, mediation, depositions or client meetings
- Answer and screen telephone calls
- Time entry (daily) – Juris Suite
- Prepare attorney billing correspondence
- State and Federal Court Electronic filing of documents
- Process mail for assigned attorneys (incoming and outgoing)
- Communicate in professional, friendly manner with clients
- Scan and copy documents
- Maintain attorney calendars
- Prepare expense reports
- Requires prompt and dependable attendance